I met Elizabeth from On Tap for Today through blogging — but we also had a mutual friend — her brother! The Boston blogging scene is a small world, people. Elizabeth’s brother Chris is Colin’s sister Liz’s good friend who we went to Merrimack with. Anyway, Elizabeth is fabulous and she recently tagged me in her ’11 Things’ post – so here I go…(it’s a really fun idea!)
Here are the rules:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the person who tagged you set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
Ok, so here are 11 very random things about me:
1. I had to get stitches in my chin when I was little because I fell while using my jeans as a jump rope (I was smart)
2. I won Student of the Year three times in grammar school (despite the jeans incident…)
3. I played Varsity Basketball for four years in high school
4. I also played on the Varsity Badminton team one year (I was so bad! But the skirts were cute…)
5. I went to Catholic school all my life — Pre-K through college
6. My middle name is Mary
7. On 9/15/12 (our wedding day), my initials will be CMT — Country Music Television, baby
8. When I lived in Hawaii I hitchhiked multiple times. When I think about it now I’m nervous for my former self (why would we do that?!)
9. I was recruited to play basketball at Cornell, West Point and a few other schools. Didn’t have it in me though!
10. I spent the year after college volunteering in Chicago
11. I’ve been in the audience of the Maury Povich show, the John Edwards show, the Carson Daly show, Oprah, and the Nate Berkus show (yes, if you haven’t figured it out yet, I am strange)
‘One Love’ — Bob Marley
2. What is your favorite local restaurant?
Ooh there are so many good ones, but I will have to go with…Russell House Tavern
3. What day of the week were you born?
Tuesday — which is my least favorite day of the week now — wonder what that means?
4. Tea or coffee?
Tricky. But going to have to go with pants
6. Where would you go on your ideal vacation?
7. What’s your favorite day of the week?
Friday — you have the whole weekend to look forward to!
8. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
I was born a night owl. Although, I’ll always strive to be an early bird (I’m convinced I can be!)
9. What is your favorite sport to watch?
Basketball, hands down.
10. Do you have a secret talent?
Memorizing words to songs comes very easily to me. Too bad I don’t have a good voice — could have been a super star!
11. What is your go-to workout song?
‘Fantasy’ — Mariah Carey, or ‘Love on Top’ — Beyoncé. I love my divas.
Now, tag, you’re it!
Kelly from The Daily Snip, Michelle from the Economical Eater, Bethany from The Young Profashional, Karen from Twenty Fit, Chelsee and Susie from We are not Martha, Annelise from Quarterlife Lifestyle, Kate from A Little Yoga, Katie from Oscartini, Renee from Eat. Live. Blog, Megan from Delicious Dishings, and Kristen from Indulge Inspire Imbibe.
And here are the 11 questions I have for those I’ve tagged:
1. First thing that comes to mind when you read the word: work…
2. Fill in the blank: Today is __________.
3. Beer, wine, or a cocktail?
4. Favorite holiday?
5. Guilty pleasure?
6. Celebrity crush growing up?
7. Food or meal you couldn’t live without?
8. Have you ever had a dream with a famous guest star? Who was it?
9. What did you want to be when you grew up?
10. Favorite song to belt out in the car?
11. First concert?