I love lists. I’m a huge list maker. Here’s one for ya:
21 Songs that always make me smile:
1. “Shoop” Salt n’ Pepa – because it reminds me of two of my favorite people along with two of the best years of my life, junior and senior year of college.
2. “MMMBop” Hanson – because it reminds me of my youth, and pretty boys with long hair.
3. “Drop it Like it’s Hot” Snoop Dogg featuring Pharrell Williams – because it reminds me of one of my best friends and our choreographed dance.
4. “I Wish” Skee-lo – because for some reason it reminds me of my big bro. I’m not sure why. Probably cause he’s hood.
5. “For You I Will” Monica – because it reminds me of my younger sister, and again choreographed dances (in the garage.)
6. “Mo Money Mo Problems” Notorious BIG featuring “Puff Daddy” (he wasn’t P.Diddy, or Diddy yet) & Ma$e – because this reminds me of how gangsta i was in 5th grade.
7. “No Scrubs” TLC – because this reminds me of how obsessed we were with TLC when this album came out.
8. “Love Shack” B-52s – because this reminds me of how fun college was. Plain and simple.
9. “Be Faithful” Fatman Scoop – again, college. Those were the good ‘ol days.
10. “You’re Still the One” Orleans – because this song reminds me of my parents.
11. “Black Water” Doobie Brothers – because this was one of my first concerts with the fam and one of my favorite bands.
12. “Don’t Rain on My Parade” (Glee Version) Lea Michele – because I love belting this out on my way to work in the morning, it’s a sure way to start the day off on the right foot.
13. “Bootylicious” Destiny’s Child – because this is Destiny’s Child in their prime.
14. “Ain’t Too Proud to Beg” The Temptations – because I just friggin’ love this song. And it reminds me of the Big Chill. And wouldn’t it be fun to karaoke this?
15. “Raindrops Keep Fallin’ on my Head” BJ Thomas – because it reminds me of a tape my mom used to play in the car all the time that I loved.
16. “Dream Life of Rand McNally” Jason Mraz – because it reminds me of K Braz.
17. “Rivers of Babylon” Sublime – because it reminds me of home, Babylon.
18. “Heaven is a Place on Earth” Belinda Carlisle – because it reminds me of singing with Meg and Binky and pretending I was as cool as my older sister and her friends.
19.”Give My Regards to Broadway” Judy Garland version – because no one sings this better than Molly.
20. “Butterfly” Crazy Town – because this is actually one of my Dad’s favorite songs, and he has a dance to it. To top it all off, Colin loves it too (AND owns the album!!! Such an intense Crazy Town fan.)
21. (21 for good luck? And because I can’t stop, won’t stop…) “Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman” Bryan Adams – because this is from Don Juan Demarco with Johnny Depp and my mom and I always ask each other the question, “Is this the song from that movie??” when we hear this song.